Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend



This weekend was fun series of crits over Memorial Day. We started with the infamous Snake Alley. My personal goal was just to finish without getting pulled and I can happily say I finished my goal. The cobblestone alley hill was pretty intense, hills aren't my specialty, but it was fun coming around each time and hearing everyone cheering. The whole day was a huge party, the spectators made it all the better. It was fun watching Axie race in the 3s. We had some fast girls in both fields all weekend long, so I have a lot of riding to do this summer if I plan to cat up before I come back.



Each race had this sweet pace car that flew up Snake Alley once in the beginning. I asked the driver if I could ride with him for the beginning of the Pro, 1, 2 race and he let me. It was pretty sweet. Unfortunately it started raining so the later races were pretty slick and a lot of people were sliding out as they raced up the tight corners.

The Quad Cities was kind of a boring crit. By the end of Sunday, I felt like I had signed up for a weekend of hill repeats. It was a sunny day and lots of people were around. We got to meet a future NU rider. One of the juniors riding for ISCorp will be coming to Northwestern next year and will hopefully ride for us too. Melon City was a fast crit with some fast girls and some sketchy girls. A break went off the front right away and stayed away for the whole time. It was a good look at some competition I'll have this summer and next year. Overall, it wasa a great weekend, I wish some more NU's could have gotten out there as this is my last weekend racing in the Midwest until September but I cannot wait until next year.

No comments: