Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Snake Alley, Melon City and Quad Cities

Hey all,
There were some pretty fun races this past weekend. Saturday was Snake Alley. I loved being able to cheer Hannah and Emma on, and chill with Joshie and Billy before my race. A few hours later I got by butt severely kicked in the 1/2/3 field. Wow, those girls are really freakin' fast. I lost track of how many times I got lapped, but as compensation, I had by far the best cheering section thanks to Hans, who recruited the 20 or so drunken guys sitting at the top of the alley. 

OK, side note- we spent the night at this incredible hotel called the EconoLodge. With the word 'Econo' in the name, I thought we would be lucky if the rooms had beds, so you can imagine how shocked I was when I found that the hotel not only had a pool and waterfall, (that's right, a waterfall), they also served hot breakfast out of a rock beneath stained glass windows out of some Arthurian legend. My new favorite hotel. 

Melon City was fun and fast. I raced in the 4s because my license was still pending, and technically I shouldn't have raced with the pros at Snake Alley. There was a break early on, I stayed with the front group for the whole race, but didn't have the energy in my legs for the final sprint. I ended up 6th, which was good enough for 30 bucks. Afterwards, the Hans and I broke into a beautiful swimming pool and got yelled at by the manager. Ah well, it was worth it. Cheered Bill on, and then headed to our Super 8.

I raced 4s again at Quad Cities. I don't know what I was thinking throughout the race. I raced really dumb, and kept expending loads of energy that didn't get me anywhere. Less than stellar race performance that left me 10th. Good enough for 20 bucks. 

Fun weekend, and a good way to get excited about racing this summer with GS Boulder. 

Axie



No comments: