Saturday, September 12, 2009

Soldier field and track racing

So, I'll start with the uneventful stuff. Alex and I both went to the last soldier field race and had wheel problems (a flat for me and a rolled tubular for Alex). I ended up in 5th, which I guess was alright. It was dark so the pictures sucked.

Then I went on to do the Chicago Triathlon and finished 7th in the men's 20-24 category out of a lot of dudes. I basically pwned people on the bike and sucked hard on the swim (surprise, surprise). Anyway, the winner of the entire thing was only 7 or so minutes faster, so I might win next year. As you can see, participating was painful to both my body and my dignity:


Anyway, seeking to regain some dignity, I went out to the last night of track racing at Northbrook and straight up won my first bike race! I totally schooled some people to win the first sprint lap of a Danish and take the victory. I later got 3rd in the Belgian win-and-out too. The best part was that the prize for winning the Danish was $12 and a 4 year old Northwestern jersey donated by the Pony Shop. Here's a picture of me putting a little Cavendish on it for effect:


Anyway, I should probably get to sleep because Alex, Andrew, Courtney and I are headed out to blow up the State Champs in Willow Springs in the morning. Respect the jersey.

No comments: