Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Belated Northbrook Cross Update

So, it's ridiculous that no one has updated the blog since October 5th...get with it people! Anyway, as an offending non-poster, I figured I'd do a gigantic post on the always awesome Northbrook cross race that happened a few weeks ago. Hopefully, this will encourage all of you to come down and witness the Championships at Montrose Harbor on Sunday. As I am lazy, this will be more of a photo montage than me actually explaining what happened.

First, there are the obligatory pre-race photos. In attendance were Courtney, Josh, Bryan and I. Bryan has a sweet skinsuit, many were jealous.
Courtney's race came before ours, so I took pictures. Per her usual routine she dropped the hammer on a bunch of fools.
Start
Technical Descent
Showin' them fools how to hit the sand
Then it was our turn. 75 people in a cross race is fucking insane on the start. Josh and I seemed to make it out okay.

Over the first barrier to a run-up
Up into a switchback section
Josh showing the sand who's boss
Bonus glamor shot of my calves
Also, there was a video shot during the race that I made a few appearances in:


No comments: